» Courses   » GitHub
Git & GitHub training consists of concepts like Branches, Design and Git work flow by using Git Command Line, GitHub Desktop and SourceTree.
- Understand and apply various Git commands
- Explore Git with tools like GitHub Desktop and SourceTree
- Apply various designing and work flow techniques using Command line
- Use commands and tools for reviews
- Implement Git flow designs in SourceTree
- Apply work flow using GitHub Desktop
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows GUI and Windows Command line.
- What is version control/revision control system (VCS)?
- Features, Benefits & Drawbacks of VCS
- Types of VCS
- General overview of Centralized VCS
- Introduction to Git-Distributed Version control system
- Installation of Git on Windows/Mac/Linux/Unix, Configuration of Git
- Why command line for this course
- Walkthrough of the command line basics
- Git file life cycle
- Walkthrough of GitHub, Creating Git repository- Local repository and configuring to GitHub
- Creating repository on GitHub and cloning on local
- Understanding basic git commands- git add, rm, commit, push, clone, init, Ignoring files, Command shortcuts
- Revisiting the file life cycle with understanding the internals of Git.
- Understanding Git buzzwords- Head, Master, Dev/Feature branch, Clone, Push, Collaborator, Remote
- Configuring remote repo on GitHub
- Working with remote repository- Adding remote repo, Renaming remote repo, Deleting remote repo, Configuring remote repositories
- Understanding Git pull, fetch commands and use cases
- Forking and pull requests in GitHub- Origin, Upstream and Downstream.
- Introduction to branching
- Branching in Git & Types of branches
- Switching between branches and different commits
- How internally Git manages the branches
- Merging strategies- Regular merging, Fast forward commits, Rebase
- Difference between Merging and Rebase commands
- Deleting the branches- Safe delete after merge, Force delete
- Tagging in Git- Different types of tags
- Creating & deleting tags
- Difference between branching and tagging and Stashing in Git.
- Different types of workflows in Git
- Git in real time open source projects
- Working with Git on Eclipse–IDE
- Walkthrough of the commands
- Conclusion and QA.
- Installing Ecplise IDE and configure Git plugin
- Working with Git commands from IDE
- Exploring GitHub UI options
- Conclusion and QA.